Traditional house sitters can be very expensive and you might be uncomfortable having someone live in your home full time while you are away. At the same time, you don’t want to leave your home unattended for long periods or burden family or friends. Our house sitting services include professional care for your home, starting at a fraction of the cost of a live-in house sitter.
House sitting is tailored to your requests and needs, and most services are included. Rates are comparable to our pet sitting rates, and are based on the time required. While we do offer overnight stays, services start at 10-15 minute visits, to fit any budget. Services include:
- Bringing in mail and packages (checking and retrieving mail from a P.O.Box is available at an extra charge).
- Taking out/in trash and recycling cans on requested days.
- Rotating lights, opening and closing shades to make home appear lived-in.
- Watering houseplants, outdoor plants, and gardens.
- Basic pool maintenance (such as refilling chlorine tablets).
- Clearing front steps and walkway of snow (driveway will incur an additional charge based on size of driveway).
- Feeding small pets such as fish and birds that do not require daily care.
- Feeding outdoor animals (bird feeders, fish ponds, etc.).
Most house sitting services can be accomplished in a short 15-minute daily visit. However, we are happy to schedule longer or multiple visits per day, or to provide overnight sitting.
Pequannock, Pompton Plains, Wayne, Pompton Lakes, Riverdate, Bloomingdale, Haskell, Wanaque, Butler, Kinnelon, Montville, Towaco, Lincoln Park.